Here are some important steps you should take if you are concerned you may be subject to foreclosure.
FIRST: CONTACT YOUR LENDER
If you are unable to afford your current mortgage payments, we can discuss available options such as short term payment relief, short sale, and more. Contact your South Sound Bank loan officer or call toll free at 866-705-4200.
SECOND: GATHER YOUR FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
You will need to present the following documents when you meet with your loan officer to discuss options for avoiding foreclosure:
- Current Personal Financial Statement (form provided by your lender)
- Signed copy of your most recent IRS tax return
- Copy of your most recent pay-stubs
- Listing information (if your home is listed for sale)
- Any other documents requested by your loan officer
THIRD: CONTACT A CERTIFIED HOUSING COUNSELING AGENCY
If you are facing a possible foreclosure, you may also contact a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved counselor, by calling the Washington State Homeownership Information Hotline at 1-877-894-4663 (toll free) or go online at www.homeownership.wa.gov to find a HUD approved counselor in your area.